How blogging can win you more business
FACT: The web is full of bland business blog content.
Boring posts that ramble on, delivering no real worth to readers or businesses. And even if your blog content is super awesome, it’s getting harder and harder to stand out from the crowd.
No wonder more and more businesses are wondering if blogging is worth the time it takes.
The good news is that is definitely IS.
IF you do it right.
A good business blog can:
- Raise awareness of your business and what you do;
- Boost your SEO and increase web traffic;
- Start a friendly and helpful conversation with potential customers;
- Develop and build your industry authority;
- Build trust, recognition and even likeability; and
- Build relationships as readers get to know you, get to like you and become attached to you.
But remember, a blog is NOT a direct sales tool. It’s a place to start a conversation.
Your blog should be:
When you share useful information on your blog, you build trust and authority.
When your posts are inspirational, readers want to hear from you again.
When your posts are informative, readers share them with their friends and colleagues.
Yes, you can use your blog to announce new services, promote new products and introduce your team members, but it must be done in balance. Most people aren’t interested in hearing your sales messages, in fact they probably aren’t that interested in your business.
But they ARE interested in what your business can do for them.
So, stop thinking like a salesperson and start thinking like a mentor.
- A mentor cares about their students;
- A mentor wants to help their readers get ahead; and
- A mentor genuinely cares about solving their reader’s problems.
Authority building takes time. Blogging is a long haul marketing channel and you shouldn’t expect to see results from it straight away.
Once readers start to recognise, trust and respect you, then they will start to buy from you.
Ironically, the better you are at solving your customer’s problems for free. The more likely they are to buy products and services from you in the future.
Like this? Check out our blog post: 40 instant business blog post ideas.
Your time is precious, if you’re keen to connect to potential customer via blogging but you just don’t have the time, Wanicreative can help. Our expert copywriters can kick-start your blog with a series of optimised articles or even write and manage your blog for you. Contact the team for more info.